|Yup, that'd be me!|
It's been a busy 12 months, y'all! (read more about that here.)
However, in 2015, we have decided to be more intentional about slowing down and allowing for extra time to accomplish goals. Basically, it comes down to finishing what we already have started and paring down life--intentionally not starting anything new, new.
Additionally, in order to appropriately prioritize, I've backed up a bit and have mentally made "tiers" of to-do--must's, should's, and would-be-nice's (wbn's....how'd ya like my new acronym?). This should help us stay focused on what is truly important, and if something needs to get cut, it's easy to give it the ol' heave-ho.
- MUST: Get our city house remodeled and fully rented or sold (whichever the market seems to dictate). THEN we will finally start knocking away those student loans faster! We hoped to have all my student loans paid off by 2017 (3-4 years ahead of schedule!), but we'll reassess how we land financially once we get this all done.
- MUST: Build Dan a workshop here--we're thinking about a hoop house. With the city house all squared away, he won't have a workshop anymore, and having one right here is much more efficient for him. It's a work requirement for him, not a hobby, man-cave.
- MUST: Taking care of business: getting mom's house simplified and squared away as she is in a time of transition for her life.
- SHOULD: Bees. Already have their hive built and most of the tools. This was on the plan last year but didn't happen. No reason not to this year! I just need to order some and toss them in. Nothing like an external deadline as a motivator!
- SHOULD: Garden. Already have it laid out. Just plant the thing! Our pig paddock from last year will make an awesome place to raise a ton of mangel beets, pumpkins, and squash to feed to our goats and backyard pig(s). Green beans, tomatoes, sweet potatoes, carrots, potatoes, broccoli, cabbage, zucchini, spinach, kale/collards, beets, and salad greens are all things that we eat a lot of.
- SHOULD: Complete the last of the trailer projects that it will have done at this location--underside re-insulated, fireplace in, roof replaced, and a PORCH to help collect the mud outside.
- SHOULD: Determine our core recipes.
- SHOULD: Build-up and pare-down my core/capsule wardrobe.
- SHOULD: Declutter and get down to a more "simplicitist" household. Get the extra, unused crap OUT! Quit spending life organizing your stuff and instead spend it LIVING your life!
- WBN: Playhouse for the kids! Although, I gotta say, we'll probably prioritize this one to maximize kids' outside play time and make it easier for us to keep them corralled while we do chores.
- WBN: Goats!!--what? I have to have at least ONE new, new thing for the year! ;) Ok, I'll fess up, this has been on the plan for a while and we just got them yesterday, so it's already accomplished!
- WBN: Get to making most of our own dairy--yogurt, sour cream, cream cheese, and mozarella are high on that list.
- WBN: Consider getting a cream separator.
- WBN: Paint the main living area and install baseboard.
- WBN: Remodel the master bath.