Yay! I'm actually getting this up and going early! Headed back to work at the end of next week, so I've gotta be organized so I can spend my extra time sleeping--not wracking my brain trying to work around a grocery shortage!
- Breakfasts: Again, we're alternating scrambled eggs with real-food protein shakes as our morning protein. We have a new rooster to add to the flock! I can't wait for October(ish)!!! Shredded stuff and a "carb of choice"--english muffins, bagels, cereal, or fried baked potatoes.
- Lunch: Leftovers and/or sandwiches depending on leftover status.
Dinner Menu, Week # 9
- Sunday: Leftovers. I've decided to start "compensating" for leftover day by making it DESSERT day! Going to try homemade Larabars (new recipe) and make my ever-popular Joy Bars. One good thing about this heat is that my coconut oil is already pre-melted, making this SO easy to make!
- Monday: Baked Potato Bar with Broccoli. Load those up all the good stuff: sour cream, cheese, green onions, bacon, sausage--whatever you like!
- Tuesday: Taco Salad. I use my own seasoning mix (very easy) to avoid extra fillers, colorings, and junk.
- Wednesday: Crock-pot roasted chicken with Green Beans and Rice (roasting two birds! One to eat, and the other to pick clean for other recipes--toss in the freezer!) Also, I'll be making stock from the carcass. Stock is great for adding flavor to soup, stews, beans, rice, etc.
- Thursday: Cocktail Shrimp with Broccoli
- Friday: (Leftovers) No-Bake Nutella Cheesecake
- Saturday: Crock-pot Pulled Pork and Baked Beans
Dinner Menu, Week # 10
- Sunday: (Leftovers) Cherry Tarts
- Monday: Grilled Cheese with Bacon Lime Sweet Potato Salad (new recipe)
- Tuesday: Crockpot Chipotle (pull some of that saved chicken from last week out of my freezer)
- Wednesday: Egg Fried Rice with Peas
- Thursday: French Toast
- Friday: (Leftovers) Beet Chocolate Cake and Homemade Ice Cream
- Saturday: Santa Fe Chicken (use more frozen leftover chicken)