This is an old stand-by from my childhood. Dad used to always cook it up for us as kids. Comfort food to the max. But all my ingredients are pronounceable and I do get the organic pasta, home-make my spaghetti sauce (and freeze in pints) to keep down the added sugar, and splurge on the nitrate free pepperoni. You could easily substitute the pepperoni for a spicy sausage, which is much easier to make at home nitrate-free from organic ground-pork.
- 1 package spaghetti or linguine noodles, cooked and drained (keep al dente)
- 1 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 jar spaghetti sauce (about 3-4 cups home-made)
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese (8 oz if you shred your own--which I do, to avoid the cellulose anti-caking stuff)
- 1/2 package pepperoni (I try to get the nitrate-free kind if I can. This meal stretches the meat, so I splurge on higher quality stuff)
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees
- Cook and drain your pasta
- Whisk together the milk and eggs, mix with the pre-cooked pasta and place in a greased 9x13 pan.
- Top with spaghetti sauce, cheese, and a single layer of pepperoni. Cover and bake for 30 minutes. Let stand for 5 minutes and enjoy.
I will say that this is MUCH easier to cut the next day as leftovers. So don't struggle getting those leftovers divvied up after dinner. Wait until the next day. You'll thank me.