Howdy all, just getting back into the saddle this week and finding our new normal. There's really nothing to post as far as meals go from this last week. It was a whirl-wind and very unexpected week for us with the sudden passing of my father. We appreciate the care, condolences, flowers, cards, and meals that were showered upon our family. Things will be a little subdued around the blog for a bit, but I know how much I truly enjoy this and need it for some me-time--plus Dad liked reading my posts.
For now, here's our meal plan for the week (trying to get these up a day before the week starts for y'all).
- Breakfast: In this transition time for us, I've chosen to go the easy route of cereal and bagels along with our stand-by scrambled eggs. Shredded stuff is usually making it to breakfast for us as well. Grace in my kitchen. Some really awesomely healthy soaked oatmeal porridge is coming our way come February--baby steps getting back into the saddle.
- Lunches: As per normal, leftovers.
- Desserts-o-the-week: Larabars and Gingersnaps
- Sunday Dinner: Crockpot Chipotle with Green Beans
- To do: defrost sausage/pork for Monday, make extra rice for Tuesday
- Monday Dinner: Loaded Sweet Potato Bake
- Tuesday Dinner: Cabbage Roll Crockpot Casserole with Steamed Broccoli
- Wednesday Dinner: LEFTOVERS
- Thursday Dinner: Frittata and Smoothies
- To do: Start soaking bread for Friday
- Friday Dinner: Cabbage Soup (new recipe) with Homemade bread
- Saturday Dinner: LEFTOVERS