What a long time since the last post. Happenings here on the home-front... (and a cute pic!)
|Helping Daddy with some work at the house|
1. Little Man has gotten big, and is set to be promoted to Big Man coming up next spring. (Never to quite make it to Biggest Man status, though!)
2. I'm still working in the ER full time. Rocking those nights, in a loose term of the word. At least I have a set schedule now, and I got a raise, boo-yah!
3. The country is calling--and looking much closer than we could have imagined at this point. We had it on our 5+ year plan, but having Little Man has really emphasized to us how much we need to be out in the country, with loads of fresh air and dirt and time to play for him (and the new little man).
4. We've finished the rental project FINALLY. Quite the learning experience with remodeling, dealing with local bureaucracy, learning to run a business, getting paperwork and financials in order, working with business partners, and more. There were resounding successes and successes that must be counted as suck from learned experiences to not do something a certain way again. For a couple under the age of 30, with a new child, mom working full-time, making a commitment to not have our child in daycare, it's been quite an accomplishment. Now that it's in the auto-pilot phase nearly, I must say that I'm proud of our family's accomplishment--but not exactly ready to tackle another project like it just yet.
5. We have a busy next few months ahead of us! We have to find a trailer to move to and settle in the country (more on that later!), have the Littlest Man, and get our pretty city house remodeled, and rented! How come we always do things in big spurts?
6. I've been pretty focused on some more basic living, down-sizing, home-cooking, real-living, raising our own food and instilling good character qualities in the kids....the country is definitely part of that plan and part of the impetus on getting blogging again.
Even if no one ever reads any of this, having a record of where we've been, what we've tried, and how far we've come is a good exercise--and I'm ready for the experiences.