A collection of ideas, resources, and websites for reducing, reusing, recycling, and using less chemicals. This is part of my "INFORMATION" pages, collections of interesting websites, links, and such on topics outlined by their title. Enjoy! (And tell me of other great ideas you've found!)
- TheDailyGreen.com -- A website with TONS of green ideas, particularly with old-fashioned cleaning.
- Fireplace starters -- Recycle those paper egg cartons, dryer lint, and left-over wax into sure-"fire" ;) starters. (nice pun, eh?) Only one egg cup needed per fire!
- Self-watering Pots -- A cheap, home-made alternative to the expensive store-bought ones. Complete video and instructions. Feel free to adapt to your own pots.
- Thrift Stores -- No link required, find your local one. You can be sure your money goes to a good cause and occasionally find some great treasures!
- Bicarb Cleaning Solutions by Actual Organics
- Laundry Detergent and Softener by the Duggar family--scroll down for the recipe! Surprisingly inexpensive!