As kids, Dan and I both poured over the Back to Basics book--and here we are years later still wanting to try all the things we read about! I've gradually been reorganizing all my random links and resources and websites that I've come across over the years for the kind of lifestyle that Dan and I would like to have once we get past all this school business. For the books, I've either read them or they've come highly recommended. I'll have the links posted to the side, for easy access later on. Over the next few days I'll be posting entries on gardening, raising animals, and preserving all your hard work!
- Mini Farm Homesteading
- Hobby Farms.com
- Mother Earth News
- Land to Feed a Family Calculation
- Land for Self Sufficiency Calculation
- Generate your own Power
- American Livestock Breeds Conservancy
- Grit--Sister publication to Mother Earth News. A wonderful resource.
- Back to Basics -- The book that started it all. (I think this is the new edition. I had the older one.)
- The Encyclopedia of Country Living
- Micro Eco-Farming by Barbara Berst Adams and Kipp Davis
- Cumberland Books -- Thanks Aimee!