A few of my favorites for raising animals the way it used to be done--grass and fresh air!
- Eat Wild.com
- Barnyard in your Backyard by Gail Damerow
- Small-Scale Livestock Farming: A Grass-Based Approach... by Carol Ekarius
- American Livestock Breeds Conservatory
- McMurray Hatchery -- Supplier of mail order poultry.
- Meyer Hatchery -- Mail-order poultry supplier
- Paturing Turkeys (article)
- Chicken Tractor Design I like
- APPPA: American Pastured Poultry Producers Assoc.
- Raising Poultry on Pasture: Ten Years of Success ed. by Jody Padgham (book)
- The Deliberate Agrarian on Turkey Raising. See his links as well!
- Comfrey--Turkey Feed by Mother Earth News
- Caponizing--"Chicken Castration"
- Feeding Chickens from Your Own Farm by TheModernHomestead
- Poultry Writings by TheModernHomestead--everything you ever wanted to know about raising your own chickens. I HIGHLY recommend it!
- Dust Baths--wood ash, sand, maybe some DE....don't forget :)
- The American Dexter Association
- Ideal Small Farm Cows (article)
- The Amazing Irish Dexter (article)
- Small Cattle for Small Farms by Margo Hayes (book)
- Salad Bar Beef by Joel Salatin (book)
- Berkshire Pigs
- (note...since I put up this information, I've learned that Berkshire's can be bad mothers and will require farrowing to have successful litters--they don't make good nests.)
- The Pork Report by Mother Earth News
- Glocestershire Old Spots
- Red Wattles
- National Sustainable Agriculture Information Service: Pastures
- Grass Fed Productivity by Andre Voisin (book)
- Greener Pasture on Your Side of the Fence: Better Farming Voisin Managment--Intensive Grazing by Bill Murphy (book)
- Managed Grazing (article)
- Comfrey by Mother Earth News (the small scale farmer's haying supplement!)
- Also, Try looking up fodder beets or mangel beets for feed. Heirloom Acres sells them!